Les Wheeldon's study of the book of Galatians is a 31 page document which looks at the letter as a whole noting the following structure:
- Gal 1:6-12 – His purpose in writing: To combat the corruption of the Galatian believers from the simplicity of the gospel.
- Gal 1:13-24 – Paul's testimony: Salvation from the emptiness of man centred religion.
- Gal 2 – Paul's authority: The gospel he preached and his relationship with the other apostles.
- Gal 3 – Blessing and curse: The cursed emptiness of self effort compared with the blessedness of a life of faith in the power of the spirit.
- Gal 4 – Man's infancy: Life under the law, compared with the glory of the new covenant that makes us sons of God.
- Gal 5 – The choice: Spirit or flesh, a life of love or a life of sin.
- Gal 6 – The freedom to serve: Free indeed at last, and truly free.
- Gal 6:11-18 – Paul's passionate appeal: Paul is consumed with the cross and its effect on his life.
Can you think of a book or a sermon that has changed your life? I do not mean influenced your life, I really mean changed you. These 6 little chapters have that power, to transform you and your whole approach to Christ and christian life. This little book can open up a world of love, joy and peace in the power of the Holy Spirit.