Here is a series of studies in the book of Exodus by Les Wheeldon.
The great cry in so many places is for more leaders and preachers. There is no doubt that this is the great need throughout the church. The question is what can be done by the church to aid the emergence of leaders and ministers? Jesus told the twelve to pray that the Lord of the Harvest would raise up more labourers and thrust them into the harvest. This is doubtless the chief means by which leaders are raised up, but it also implies that those praying are seeking to bring in more leaders. It is significant that the Lord enjoined those already labouring to pray. It is as they pray that understanding comes and eagerness to recognise God's hand in sending forth more men into the harvest field. This study looks at patterns of government and ministry in the church and seeks to highlight areas where the church can aid the spirit in the emergence of leaders.
Les Wheeldon's study of the book of Galatians is a 31 page document which looks at the letter as a whole noting the following structure:
- Gal 1:6-12 – His purpose in writing: To combat the corruption of the Galatian believers from the simplicity of the gospel.
- Gal 1:13-24 – Paul's testimony: Salvation from the emptiness of man centred religion.
- Gal 2 – Paul's authority: The gospel he preached and his relationship with the other apostles.
- Gal 3 – Blessing and curse: The cursed emptiness of self effort compared with the blessedness of a life of faith in the power of the spirit.
- Gal 4 – Man's infancy: Life under the law, compared with the glory of the new covenant that makes us sons of God.
- Gal 5 – The choice: Spirit or flesh, a life of love or a life of sin.
- Gal 6 – The freedom to serve: Free indeed at last, and truly free.
- Gal 6:11-18 – Paul's passionate appeal: Paul is consumed with the cross and its effect on his life.
Can you think of a book or a sermon that has changed your life? I do not mean influenced your life, I really mean changed you. These 6 little chapters have that power, to transform you and your whole approach to Christ and christian life. This little book can open up a world of love, joy and peace in the power of the Holy Spirit.